Thursday, March 20, 2008

Time Out For Women Seminar




On our 2nd day in Spokane, Victoria, Linda and I attended the TOFW Seminar that ran from 9:00am til 3:30pm. It was alot like a Women's Conference. We were given a workbook with lots of information already listed from each class which was nice. Sheri Dew spoke on our influence and then we broke into 2 groups of 250 people. One class was on Power by Wayne Boss which was really good and then we had lunch. After lunch we heard from Virginia Hinckley Pearce (Pres. Hinkley's daughter). She was great; she spoke about Continuing to Learn our whole life. ! The person introducing the speakers said that out of all the Hinckley children, Virginia was most like her father. The last class was by Wendy Watson on Asking the Right Questions. Sheri Dew summed up the whole day in the last 15 minutes or so. They were nice enough to let us take some photos with them and I hope it's okay to post them without permission! OOPS!*S* I don't love the way I look, but hey, it's history, right?*S* Victoria and I drove home that night after we ate at Cyrus O'Leary's; Linda stayed in Spokane with Misty and attended friday night and Saturday's session of TOFW.

3 comments:

Linda said...

It was great day. Good inspiring information and learning with great friends. Im glad I took notes. I would never remember it all, if you know what I mean. LOL

Sandi said...

How fun, I have never been to Time Out for Women but I have heard that they are so worth going. It really brought back memories of going to Education Week with you and I am really missing you all. I am glad you got to go and you all look great.

Mary Ann Carlile said...

Hi Aunt Sharon! It's great to get back in touch with you all! Looks like this conference was really nice - I think I would like a "time out!"