Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My first Car (tagged from Sean's blog)

The first car I ever drove was a Ford Maverick. It was white with a maroon top and also had an 8 track tape player; wow!LOL I think it was a 1970 model but not entirely sure. In the state of Louisiana(where I lived) you could get your license at 15(which isn't very smart) and I did have an accident about 5 months after I got my license but the maverick did get repaired and I drove it another few years. We had to move to Houston, TX for my Dad's job when I was almost 16; I wasn't too happy about that so I had a bumper sticker made and put on my car that read: "I'd rather be in Shreveport". How lame was that? My parents sure had to put up with alot! I have not thought about that car in years; not until I read Sean's blog which talked about his first car. So I went online to see if I could find some photos and I was so surprised that the maverick is still around and being restored with car clubs and everything! Maybe we should get another one?*S*

I found this photo that looks alot like the car I drove except it's a 4 door and mine was a 2 door.

This is a view from the back of another maverick, obviously, but I wanted the back view of the car as well.

4 comments:

Craig said...

That is a top knotch car mom!

Sharon said...

thanks, Craig! LOL

Conlin Family said...

I've heard several times about your car accidents from Donna..I think you traumatized her!

Conlin Family said...

oh yeah, just so you know Rich posted some Easter pics on his blog.