Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Fun evening at Cabella's Sporting Goods in the Phoenix area

I know it sounds a little funny, but there's a fun little "free" outing to see at Cabella's Sporting Goods store near Youngtown, AZ. (Greg & Betsy Smith showed it to me when I spent an evening with them and I thought it would be a fun place to show Donna,Mom, Dad, Debbie and Kenneth) They have an aquarium filled with huge fish, lots of taxidermied animals set in scenes and a cafe' upstairs along with a target shooting area where you hit the target and whatever object is by that target moves. The mine tunnel actually lit up when you hit the right target. We had Rusty (Donna's poodle who now lives with Mom & Dad) with us, but he had to stay in a kennel that the store provides; who'd have thought about dog-sitting at a Sporting goods store?*S* It was a fun evening; Kenneth actually loved the target shooting and I agreed!

















2 comments:

Amy E. said...

That looks really neat! I'm so glad you took some pictures because I doubt mom took any. Plus your camera is awesome!

Lorna said...

Your blog is so cute. I need to update mine..it's so behind. Maybe after I get this wedding over with, I can start working on things that I keep putting off.