Friday, April 3, 2009

Reflecting

So last night and today I've been feeling very grateful for my blessings. We had a tragedy in our Ward. A family lost 2 of its members in a tragic manner and it has caused me to reflect on what is really important in life. We don't know how much time we have on this earth to grow and to learn and to be grateful for what we have. These photos are only a small sample of happy memories. Hopefully they are a good representation of my gratitude list. I have been blessed with a wonderful family.We have 5 children, 2 daughters-in-law that I love and a favorite son-in-law *S*. We have 4 grandchildren that I love with all of my heart and miss always; with another 1 on the way; what more could I ask for?(well, I guess I could ask that we live closer!) I am grateful for the knowledge I have of Heavenly Father's plan and am continually learning and hopefully improving along the way. It has taken me a while just to pick out these photos and I'd love to add more photos of family and friends as well for they have taught me so much and enriched my life as well. I'm thankful to know that I can choose joy no matter what and I am working on that. I guess I just really wanted to express my feelings with some photos to help illustrate them.





















3 comments:

Cyndi said...

Those are some great memories I remembered and pictures I wished to be a part of but couldn't due to a theory called distance. I wish we could live closer to do more things but I am sure it will happen eventually.

Conlin Family said...

Thanks for sharing this, mom! I'm lucky to have such a great family and especially grateful for you and dad, being raised in the church and having the knowledge of the gospel. I love you!

Gramma Stewie said...

What a heartwarming post! Good for all of us to remember and reflect. Thanks for sharing you heart. I enjoyed the pictures of your special times. And to add my 2 cents: We are grateful for YOU too!