Monday, February 18, 2008

Monday Evening

It's been a while since I've posted and I don't have any photos at the moment to share, but I wanted to share what Kent and I did this evening. We meet once a month with our friends, Steve and Victoria Truscott (and their daughter Katherine joined us tonight) and Larry & Linda Johnson for a combined family home evening ; tonight Victoria offered to host a potluck at their house. We all brought a dish and sat around talked. I brought a "choices" game that promoted a good discussion of values and ideas. Then we went over to Art & Laurel Helm's home for the men to sing to Art. He is dying of cancer; in fact, they expect him to go anytime. There is such a great spirit in their home and especially in that tiny room that Art is in which used to be his office until they moved a hospital bed in for him. The men sang "I Stand All Amazed" and "Families Can Be Together Forever" and then Steve sung ""The Old Rugged Cross". Then the men gave Art a Priesthood blessing with Joe Helm also standing in. It was a very special moment and one that I'm so glad that I was present for. Being there just reaffirmed to me the important things in life which are family and friends and our relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. We just never know when it'll be our turn to leave this life. In the meantime, I need to remember to be grateful and enjoy each moment (the wonderful times and the not so pleasant ones as well!*S*).

2 comments:

Gramma Stewie said...

Beautiful moment...filled with the tenderness of the Spirit. We also do an Empty Nesters FHE group in our ward. We meet for a lesson the first Monday of the month, and we meet the 3rd Monday of the month at various restaurants for ENFHE Diners. It is FUN, isn't it?

Cyndi said...

What a great moment...thanks for sharing!