Friday, February 1, 2008

You just never know what's going to happen

Okay, so yesterday morning I drove my friend, Beryl(pronounced burl), to the Richland. She had an appointment with a financial planner so she could get her retirement stocks changed and what not since her husband passed away last Spring. Anyway, while she had her hour appointment I shopped in an interesting little shop( in the very old shopping center) called Octopus something. It had very cool greeting cards that you don't see everywhere and just items that aren't in all the stores. It was fun. Then Beryl and I serviced the card department in the Safeway that was about a mile down the road. Edie needed it done since there is no merchandiser for that store right now and it was in bad shape; plus we were paid for the 2hrs and 45 min that we worked plus the travel time to get there and to get back home and mileage on top of that. AFter we worked, we went to Big Lots. I love that store; you just never know what you're going to find there for such a good price!*S* It was about 6:30pm by that time so we went to Red Robin(it was very busy) and had a nice meal and just relaxed for a little while. Beryl has never been to Kohl's so we stopped there(only for about an hour and a half!) The time just flies when you're in that store! I got a few pairs of shoes that I badly needed and I may keep them or I may take them back; I haven't decided. Anyway, to make a long story short, while trying on shoes, Dad(Kent) called and told me that Rob had done something bad to his knee while playing Church basketball! And it was the knee he had surgery on when he was in 9th grade from a basketball injury as well. Beryl and I got back in to Walla Walla round 11:00pm and i drove right to Walla Walla General Hospital Emergency where they were still waiting to be seen. By that time Rob wasn't in horrible pain, but we waited anyway. The doctor said it might just be a sprain, put an immobilizer on his knee/leg, and sent us home. We'll probably just wait out the weekend and see how it's feeling before calling the Orthopedic Surgeon.
The awful thing is that Rob isn't covered under out insurance at the moment since he just started community college in January. We got a letter in the mail from the insurance company about a week and a half ago about that and I, in my mind, figured if I'd just send in Rob's school schedule that it would be no problem. I called the insurance company this morning and he's not covered! When I send in the form with his schedule, he'll be put on our insurance starting March 1st. I felt AWFUL that I had procrastinated getting that in, but I realized later that even if I had turned the schedule in 2 weeks ago Rob would not have been covered until February 1st, which is today, and he since the injury occurred on Jan. 31st, he still would not have been covered(unless the hospital would have fudged the date of injury and treatment? Do they do that?)
So, I am a little bummed today but need to JUST MOVE ON!*S* Oh, the funny thing that happened with the doctor? He asked who Rob played basketball with(since it was a basketball injury) and when we told the Doctor that Rob was a golfer and mentioned that he won the All City Tournament this past August, the Doctor replied that he thought he recognized Rob. It was kind of a cool moment!

0 comments: