Friday, July 11, 2008

The Blue Mountain Lavendar Farm

On Thursday, the 10th, I drove myself, Mary Ruther and her daughter, Faith, out to Lowden, WA to the lavendar farm. Faith was here this week visiting from Mississippi and wanted to do something fun. I have never been off the highway towards Lowden so it was a "mini" adventure for me. I got these photos backwards so bear with me!

They have cute little vignettes set up and this one is a wagon with a red & white checked tablecloth.

This is the barn where there are ROWS of lavendar drying by hanging upside down. I couldn't get a shot of the whole thing. The people who own this farm have lived in France, in fact, the husband is from France. I'm not sure why they moved out by Lowden but I was told that the climate in that very spot is the same as it is in France where I"m thinking they grow what else but Lavendar!*S*

When we walked in behind the house there was a nice large, covered patio. They make and sell packages of lavendar lemonade so they have some to taste. It was good.

This is what we saw as were were driving down their front drive to park. I loved how they have some buttercups and poppies planted among the large area of lavendar in the front. Don't know if you can actually see that in this photo.

7 comments:

Sandi said...

I really enjoyed the pics of the lavendar farm. It looks really pretty and you didn't mention but does it smell and if so, smell good? I know dumb question,just curious. Your are such a busy person, I wish I was there to explore with you.

Sharon said...

I forgot to mention the smell!LOL That is what lavendar is known for, huh? It smells really good!

Linda said...

It looks really pretty and I"m glad to know it smells pretty too:) Thanks for lunch today and the birthday gift. I enjoyed it. I'm going to take the lavendar lemonade to Spokane with me to share it. Thanks again!

Cyndi said...

what a nice little trip. Sounds like a fun adventure. I'm sure it smelt wonderful up there. That Lavender lemonade sounds interesting.

Conlin Family said...

Looks like you had a good time with Mary and Faith! I've never heard of that place but probably wouldn't have been too interested while in high school. I also think the lavender lemonade sounds interesting! Also interesting that the climate is the same as France.

Lorna said...

Wow, you are a busy woman! You are always doing to funnest and most interesting things, and I love that you document it all. It's always fun looking at your blog! Can't wait for you to come back to town and stay with us! We didn't have much time last time you were here, but it was fun while it lasted...

Find The Time Mama said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I hope all is going well with you and your family. Thanks for all the comments you have been leaving on my blog. It is good to hear from you. :)