Thursday, June 12, 2008

Just an ordinary day

So I've been thinking about what to blog about; I don't have children around the house to take photos of; Rob isn't home that much and not doing that many "cute" things anymore at age 19!*S* I don't necessarily do anything of that much interest either. So today I thought I'd just share my day; as uneventful as it was! I had a Doctor's appointment this morning and then ran errands. I had a bridal shower to attend tonight for Gloria Stapleton (Glo) that I needed to buy a gift for and went to Shopko and then to Wal-mart to search for something to go along with the beach theme. I did my shopping and came home to make spaghetti and to wrap the gift. While in the dining room wrapping the gift the television was on and Golden Girls was on. It reminded me of all the times I've been at Mom & Dad's house in the summertime and they watch that show. So I felt a bit nostalgic and homesick for Texas. As odd as it seems, I took a photo of the show; never have done that before!

I bought several different things to put in the basket for Glo. The items were meant to "create" the feeling of being on the beach(in an abstract sort of way!LOL)

This is after putting everything together. A candle with sand and some shells(my own personal shells gathered from Ocean Shores, WA over several years of taking the kids there for Spring Break), a CD with an island theme, a bottle of Perrier and 2 plastic wine goblets. Glo liked it and that's what was important.

Just a closer look at the candle in the sand with shells.

And after Kent got home from work he mowed the lawn so I snapped him on the mower.

Just a note: the shower was good; lots of people there. It was in Amy Springen's backyard.

3 comments:

Sandi said...

Love the basket idea it is really cute! I will have to steal the idea for someone!

Conlin Family said...

I'm glad the shower turned out good and that I can see what you explained to me on the phone what you got her! I'm sure she really liked it. The candle looks pretty in the candle holder with the sand and shells.
I don't know if dad told you that we bought plane tickets and will be there Aug. 26th through Sept. 11. We're excited to come and visit!

Cyndi said...

What a nice shower gift. Fun that Julie is going to come and visit...wish we could too. But we would love for you to come and see our home here.