Thursday, June 12, 2008

Memorial Day Outing

On Memorial Day, Kent and I were in Kaysville, UT at Wayne & MaryLou's house so we rode along with them up to Smithfield, UT to visit the cemetary where William Ainscough is buried; Wayne made a promise to William that he would finish or at least really update his life story. So we went up so Wayne could leave a copy of it by William's headstone. Smithfield is right outside of Logan, UT. On the way through Logan, we stopped at this McDonald's for a drink. I thought it was interesting.

The cemetary in Smithfield is really pretty. It was a rainy day so perfect for taking photos.

MaryLou and Myself; it was chilly!

The book at the bottom of William's headstone is the history that Wayne researched and wrote. I thought it was really nice of Wayne to leave it there. I wonder who got it and read it?

A quick snapshot of Kent and Wayne

It was a really nice day.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

WHAT! you came to Utah again! UGH! One of these time you have got to let me know even though I know that you probably are way busy, I would love to see you. I love the pics from the cemetary, it is fun to keep up with family history and learn new things about them. Love ya

Conlin Family said...

I'm glad Wayne is doing William's history...it's interesting to read about. I wonder how long the book of history will stay at the cemetary.. that was a good idea. It looks like you had a fun trip!