Friday, June 20, 2008

Sightseeing in Washington D.C.

We(Kent, myself, Bryan and Robin) were getting into D.C. around lunch time and decided to stop at Five Guys. I thought it was pretty comparable to In and Out Burger(which by the way is going to be in Utah; I saw a billboard in Salt Lake!).

Bryan had a great idea for us to take a bus tour; one that we could get off and on at
different locations that we were interested in. It was called the Top of the Bus tour and we sat on top, riding through the streets of D.C. It was alot of fun!

We didin't get off at the Capitol but rode by it several times. This, obviously, was close up.

There were alot of parks and recreation areas throughout the city. I thought it was interesting to see people playing soccer, etc... so close to a national monument.

This is the Washington Monument. We didn't actually walk over to it. We did walk the waterway which actually was a good distance from the monument itself.

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

FUN times!

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

Ah, the memories!
I went on my mission to DC. Would love to go back and show Janet and the kids sometime!