Friday, June 20, 2008

Our stop at the Lincoln Memorial

This is the building that the statue of Lincoln is in. I didn't get a good shot of Lincoln behind the columns of the building.

Kent and I in front of the statue.
style="display:block; margin:0px auto 10px; text-align:center;cursor:pointer; cursor:hand;" src="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhCLximweoo2QxivaYmZiVXYHuYfHFN7bQwVI4r67FcmrWylpBQ3_Y1m8kyMWi4XcaTeJ-oMQwriUaRiQmEdvXsIwKqOgiMsiO-lF7FBpgtvVRxgIn2_EzIrfV_VjQiuuLe7dfsBmSmyj1P/s320/P1070031.JPG" border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5214085323710336498" />
We got another "tourist" to take a snapshot of all of us; the blur in the left corner is my editing out of the backside of some lady!LOL

I loved what it said above his head and wanted to capture that.

This is just another shot of the whole statue. It is massive! Where the statue is housed is a huge room. On the walls is engraved the Gettysburg Address as well as another one of his famous speeches. When I saw the Gettysburg Address, I was reminded of helping my kids memorize it for school!

1 comments:

Cyndi said...

That is so cool. I am amazed at how BIG it is. I'm sure it is so much better in person but WOW! I like the memory of teaching your kids the Gettysburg Address...that is sweet.