Friday, June 13, 2008

The last part of our Memorial Day Outing

After visiting the cemetary in Smithfield, UT, we stopped at a restaurant in Logan called The Bluebird. I guess it's been there for a LONG time; it was more of an "experience" to eat there than getting really good food. The food wasn't bad; just not a place I would go all the time.

I can't remember if this was going in or coming out!*S*

I don't know if you can really tell by this photo, the kind of atmosphere inside. It's dark paneling(real wood) with a kind of "soda parlor" feel towards the front of the restaurant. There is even a candy counter right before the cash register on the way out; convenient for the restaurant. I'm sure they make a little extra money that way.

On the way out of Logan we drove up to the Logan Temple to take a photo. It's a beautiful temple.

I have to say that it's really interesting to ride with Wayne to Smithfield. He took us around the town and showed us where William first lived when they arrived there and then where his homestead was. Wayne has put alot of hours into this project and we really appreciate him for that.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Hi there. Long time so see eh? Sounds like your trip was nice. Glad you had fun. I'm glad Glo had a nice turn out. I wasn't able to make it the shower or the wedding.

Mary Ann Carlile said...

GO AGGIES! Isn't Logan gorgeous? Makes me wonder why I ever left;) However I agree about the food at the Bluebird...It's just a good place to get a banana split;)

Cyndi said...

What a nice Memorial trip. The Logan temple is so beautiful. That is a neat story about William...that is so nice of Wayne to have left that book there.

amber said...

you have been tagged!! check out our blog for details... i'm so glad that i got to see you for a short while last weekend!!