Friday, June 20, 2008

More of the Top of the Bus Tour

I had to get a shot of this street intersection. I've heard of these streets all of my life so it was kind of "momentus" for me!*s*

We chose not to get off at the White House; although now it's my one regret of the thing we didn't do. We just knew that we wouldn't be able to get any closer than the front fence; plus, we were running a little behind.

Another shot of the White House; it was alot smaller than i thought it would be.

This is where Abraham Lincoln was shot as he was watching a play. Cool to see this in person, but again, we didn't actually get off to see inside.

I believe this is the house he died in; just across the street from the Ford Theatre. That would have been another cool place to see inside. We just didn't have enough time to see it all.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Correction: the last photo which I said was the house that Lincoln died at is WRONg. it's just another shot of the Ford Theater; sorry.

Cyndi said...

That first picture of the white house is way better than you would have gotten if you got out to the front fence...it looks so small in the pictures at the fence...your picture is good.

Cyndi said...

I remember going to a lot of those sites back in the 7th grade with the Klones'. Did you ever make it to the DC temple? Looks like you had a blast.